How can I keep my child safe around holiday decorations?

Be alert! During the holiday frenzy, it’s easy to overlook safety precautions. But while you’re busy wrapping presents, lighting candles, or trimming the tree, it’s important to keep the following hazards in mind:
Buttons, baubles, and ornaments are choking hazards. Babies and very young children will put almost anything in their mouth, so be careful where you put that bowl of tiny pine cones or potpourri. Wreaths, ornaments, nativity scenes, and other decorations can easily become choking hazards if left within reach of little hands. Keep seasonal decorations and holiday treats – like nuts and hard candies – well out of your child’s reach.